In this beyond the book activity inspired by Once Upon a Star, make your own mess free sun artwork!
To set up this activity, you’ll need:
- Clear plastic zip bag (large size works best)
- White paper
- Paint – we suggest yellow and orange for a great sun!
- Scissors to cut out your artwork once dry
- Pop your paper into the zip bag and pour in a squeeze of each colour paint into the bag.
- Close the bag securely, making sure all the air is squeezed out so that it’s flat when closed.
- Use hands to squish the paint around onto the paper, mixing like you do when finger painting (but without the mess!)
- Add more paint if needed, then remove paper to dry.
- Once dry, cut into circle for sun. Alternatively, cut paper circles ahead of time and place whole circle into bag so no cutting needed.
Can you try making other planets? What colours would you need for Mars? What about Earth?