In this beyond the book activity inspired by our Journey to Space themed books, you can make your own wand just like the shooting stars you might see in space!
For this activity, you’ll need:
- Popsicle stick
- Card stock paper
- Masking tape
- Ribbon or yarn
- Glitter glue and markers to decorate (optional)
- Cut your card stock paper into a star shape – large enough to fit onto the popsicle stick.
- Decorate your star – consider using markers or even glitter glue to make your star shiny!
- Cut your ribbon or yarn into strips – these will be the tail for your shooting star.
- Use the masking tape to secure the star to the top of the popsicle stick, then tape on all the strips of ribbon or yarn to the bottom of the star.
- Swirl your wand around to make the star shoot through the sky!