In this beyond the book activity inspired by Food Hide and Sneak, you can make beautiful watermelon print artwork using a potato!
To make your artwork, you’ll need:
- a small potato
- sharp knife (and a grown up’s help!)
- pink/red and green paint
- black marker or sharpie
This activity is so fun and easy!
- Have a grown up help you to cut a potato in half vertically and THEN the end off so you have a flat surface to stamp from. We are looking for a semi circle shape, similar to that of smile (or the letter D !)
- Carefully dip the end of the potato in pink or red paint – making sure to get a nice even coverage.
- Stamp down onto your paper.
- Let dry and then using a brush, add green to make the watermelon rind.
- Once completely dry, you can add seeds using a black marker.
What other shapes can you make using a potato stamp?